Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wonderful Thanksgiving weekend

Grandma and Bumpa Ganzevoort came to visit for Thanksgiving. They are such a big help. Bumpa entertained the boys while Grandma and I cooked and shopped. Grandma did most of the dishes while she was here and also helped me put up the Christmas decorations. Bumpa and Daddy took the boys to buy a tree and accomplished the feat of getting it in the stand and tied upright. The worst part of the trip was their drive home. The weather was not the greatest, but they made it home safely...eventually.

We know we should be thankful to God at all times, but having had such a wonderful weekend after our bout with a few viruses in a row has made us all the more thankful to him for all of our blessings. I know that even the viruses were a blessing and worked for our good, but I can't imagine how. I hold fast to the promise provided in Romans 8:28, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." I thank those of you who I called in the midst of these illnesses and who listened patiently to my frustrations -- especially those of you who caught the stomach virus from us.

We are glad to be healthy and are eagerly anticipating Anna Grace's arrival this month.

1 comment:

Jodi @ SNAPPED said...

THIS month! WOOHOO!!!!!
SO exciting!