Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our vacation

A fun pose of our cute baby girl. Not taken on vacation, just lumped in with vacation photos on the memory card.


This is what we saw out the back of the van just north of Lexington, Kentucky on I-75. No wonder James was complaining about the wind!


Anna Grace meets Great-Grandma Ganzevoort.


Anna Grace meets Great-Grandma Van Unen.


Great-Grandpa Van Unen holds the boys tight.


Having Grandma hold you is tiring, apparently.


Brian's looking hard at something with his tongue out in concentration.


David and Bumpa play with the pinwheel while Brian opens his new scooter. Thanks Grandma and Bumpa!


New sand toys were also a big hit!


Clare on the SS Badger -- "Big Ship, More Fun!"


Big ship = big anchor.


Sunset the first night at Sand Hills Lighthouse Inn.


There's the lighthouse where James and Clare spent three nights without kids! Thanks to Grandma, Bumpa, and Auntie Lynda for watching the kids.


James and Clare toured an old copper mine.


We got to rappel down a ventilation shaft.


Don't let the flash from the camera fool you. The lamps on our safety helmets were the only light provided.


Here we walked down a 45 degree slope of loose rock.


James's turn.


This is a re-creation of a photo taken in the same spot on our honeymoon ten years ago.


Another brilliant sunset.


Anna Grace's first taste of rice cereal.


By the end of the bowlful, she was reaching for each bite.


Full tummy = happy baby.


Daddy took both boys in the row-row boat.


Auntie Lynda holds all three kids at once. And yes, that's David's smile.


Shot of the moon taken at a 3 am trip to the outhouse. What's remarkable about this shot is that at 3 am I thought it was worth going back for the camera.


David likes chocolate donuts.


Brian had a blast with the party blowers and encouraged everyone else to get in on the fun.


He was giggling so hard that his laughter was contagious.


Auntie was a great sport and lots of fun at the party. If you know her and want to ask her about Mr. Napkinhead, I'm sure she would oblige. I will refrain from putting the video here because she knows where I live.


David got new clothes and wanted to put them on right then. He got both feet in one leg of the shorts and sat and pouted while saying "help please," until I put them all the way on for him.


Trying to pull them up by himself.


He also likes his new beach towel. FISH!


I have a love/hate relationship with this fire engine. I love the fact that the boys love it and can be entertained for long stretches of time by it. I hate the fact that there is a whole city inside that thing with 50 kajillion small parts that all have to fit back inside there when they're done.


Birthday cupcakes with Lightning and Mater on them.


Brian got all his out by himself.


David got a little sneaky help from Daddy.


Yes, we let a 4 year old eat a chocolate cupcake with yellow frosting ON THE COUCH!

There was supposed to be a picture of David enjoying one as well, but it appears not to be here. Sigh. Poor middle child.


David got a motorcycle! He can even SAY motorcycle.


Bumpa and the boys on the deck about to enjoy one last boat ride.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nice photographs Clare! Great to see you all enjoying the summer and the boys are getting so big! How's life with 3 kids? Busy I'm sure, but looks like you're enjoying every moment of it!