James is trying his hardest to top my crazy year last year. Last month we learned that his gall bladder is diseased, has two large stones, and will have to be removed soon. Today we had some pain that started out like a sore back and within an hour we were off to the ER. One dose of IV pain meds, three hours, and a CT scan later we learn that he is passing a kidney stone. He's doing well now, but it was a rough day for him. Thanks to Samantha for babysitting on absolutely zero notice and to our church family for all of the prayers. While I was sitting in his room waiting for the doctor, I had the urge to take his picture so that I could post it here. I resisted. Sorry Lynda.
Amazingly, throughout the worst pain of his life so far (far worse than when I smashed his face with a baseball bat) he held it together during the car ride to the hospital. I am in awe that he cares so much for his kids that he swallowed the pain in order not to frighten them.
At the end of the day, we are all healthy and at home. God is still blessing us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Instead of laughing at the horrible succession of events, I actually feel really bad for him. See, God is still working on me.
Post a Comment